Primavera pasta is one those comfort foods I crave, but realise it is usually not a common pasta option available in a lot of the restaurants. AND sooo it is one I often make at home. After a busy and tiring day at work, this is a really easy go to recipe (the carbs of course make me happy) and you can make this dish with any veggies you have at home, so its a great way to ensure nothing goes to waste.
Yield: 2 people
- 4 Cups of Fusili (or pasta of choice)
- 1/2 Onion - julienne slices
- 1/2 Onion cut into cubes
- 1/2 A carrot - cut round slices
- 1/2 Zucchini - cut round slices
- 5 Large pieces of button mushrooms - sliced
- A handful of sweet basil
- 1 Cup of Cherry tomatoes
- 5 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 Chili padi
- 1 TBSP Canola oil
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
- 1/2 TBSP Butter
- Pinch of salt and pepper and the herbs
- 1 Cup of vegetable stock
- Pinch of all seasoning
- Handful of parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to the packet with canola oil and pinch of salt, BUT make sure you under-cook the pasta by 2 mins. Set aside
- Saute the julienne onions, zucchini and carrots with pinch of salt and pepper on high heat for about 2-3mins (carrots should still be crunchy). Set aside once done.
- Cook the cubed onions, mushrooms, 4 cloves of minced garlic, all purpose seasoning in olive oil and butter. Cook till onions start to caramalise.
- Add in the pasta stir for a few seconds and then add in the vegetable stock. Cover with lid and cook for the remaining 2 mins.
- Once done, turn off the heat
- Add in the basil leaves and stir. After which mix in the cut cherry tomatoes and handful of parmesan cheese.
If you tried this recipe and enjoyed it, share with us by either emailing or tagging us on Instagram 😊