I remember trying this dish in a restaurant, completely shook by the juiciness and sweet and salty taste, so much so, I had to make this myself. Mind you I made this dish a few times, before concluding that though it is simple, without marinating for a minimum of few hours, it is not the same.
The ingredients for this are pretty easy to get at any regular grocery store, and besides the marination period, its a pretty easy dish to make. Not to mention, its actually quite healthy ;) I would even suggest this for Keto diets, along as you are not too strict, this is a great source of flavors and proteins.
Glazed Lemon Honey Chicken on a bed of sautéed onions and fresh cucumbers, YASSS! 🍋
Marination time: Min 5 hours for the best flavor, best overnight
Total cook time: 30 mins
- 500g Chicken breast
- 1/4 Honey
- 2 TBSP Light soya sauce
- 1/2 Cup Lemon juice
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TSP of chili powder
- 4 Cloves garlic - minced
- 2 Red onions - thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cucumber - thinly sliced
- Make the marinade, mix the honey, soya sauce, lemon juice, 1 TSBP olive oil garlic, a bit of chili powder and pinch of salt and pepper
- Marinate the chicken breasts - tip: marinate overnight if possible, and make sure you score the breast a bit with the knife. The cuts will allows the marinade to seep in deeper into the chicken, especially if you marinate for only a few hours e.g. 3 hours
- Grill chicken in a pan, cook on each side till its no longer pink, about 3 - 4 mins on each side
- Sauté the onions for about 2 -3 mins in 1 TBSP of olive oil and a small pinch of salt and pepper
- Place grilled chicken on a bed of fresh cucumber and onions.
If you liked this recipe let us know!