Easy to make, this quick and healthy homemade burger is all about the flavour in the patty.
Yields: 5 - 6 patties
Prep: 30 mins
To be quite honest, if you know what spices you like and the amount, you can just wing it by blending and mixing it in with the minced chicken. BUT if you do not, then follow the below steps and be ready to be satisfied ;)
For the burger
5 - 6 buns or your preferred bread
2 Large red onions
- 1 Cucumber for the crunch (optional, you can substitute with lettuce)
- 2 Tomoates
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1/2 TSP Chilli powder (or paprika)
- 1/2 TSP Tumeric
- Pinch of your favorite herb or Italian seasoning mix
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 TBSP of your favorite lime salad dressing - or just 2 TBSP of lime juice
- 2 TBSP of curd or greek yogurt
- 3 TBSP of olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 TSP Coriander powder
- 1 Chilli padi (1/2 de-seeded)
- For patty mix all the above ingredients + 1 TBSP olive oil with the minced chicken. Cover the mix and set aside for about 10mins.
- Cut the onions into round strips or thin slices. In a hot pan put 1/2 TBSP of olive oil, cook the onions until caramelized. Once done, set aside. Caramelized onions will add a sweet touch to the food.
- Make about 8 - 10cm round patties with your hands, about 1cm - 1.5cm thick.
- In a hot pan with 11/2 TBSP of olive oil cook the patties. Cook each side till browned, do double check the patties to make sure it is all the way cooked.
- Whilst the patties are cooking, cut the tomatoes and cucumbers into round slices.
- Prepare your bread, you can slighty heat the buns/ bread if desired. I did not due to preference and also decided to use regular bread slices since we had quite a few slices left to finish at home.
- Place the cooked patty on the bread slice, top with 2 - 3 cucumber and tomatoes each. Add a spoonful of caramelized onions, you can add extra salt and pepper if needed. AND then place your second slice of bread on top.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and enjoy!
If you try and like this recipe, drop us an email or tag us on Instagram :)